WAITER / FOOD SERVER / FOOD ATTENDANT
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Responsibility and Accountability
- Ensuring Company Standards in delivering Total Guest Satisfaction through excellent quality of service are executed.
- Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and follow standard procedures in guest complaints.
- Escort guests to their tables.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Inform guests of daily specials.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Remove dishes, flatware and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Stock service areas with supplies of condiments, service water, food, tableware, and linens.
- Responsible in equipment handling and its preventive maintenance.
- Responsible for the implementation of serve-safe standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Candidate must possess at least a Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate, Food & Beverage Services Management, Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent, or with an educational attainment of at least 2nd year college.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in a fast food, casual, semi-formal or fine dining restaurant an advantage.
- Knowledge in POS is an advantage. Open to multi tasking.
- Smart, articulate and result oriented with Pleasing Personality.
- Must be of good moral character, honest, and has no criminal record.
- Must possess good communication skills and is aware of “guest focus” or customer oriented.
- Must be neat-looking presentable and without evident tattoos.
- Male or female, preferable not more than 26 years old.
- Height must be at least 5’7″ for males and 5’4″ for females (barefoot) with acceptable proportions and limits in weight.
- Knowledge in doing daily and bi-monthly station inventory of food, smallwares and equipment.
- Must be hardworking and flexible in time schedule especially on weekends and holidays.
- Highly organized, systematic and can work under pressure.
- Has a good sense of initiative especially in maintaining the cleanliness of the work area.