https://www.andreismanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/final-approved.png 0 0 growers https://www.andreismanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/final-approved.png growers2016-10-12 02:43:582016-11-12 11:07:40SOUS CHEF
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Responsibility and Accountability
Responsible in the implementation of the following activities in the kitchen:
- Closely works with the Immediate Superior in the preparation of food according to the standard requirements of recipes, as well as the introduction of new food concepts that would directly contribute to the profitability of the company.
- Supervises preparation of all mis-en-place requirements of the kitchen.
- Ensures that all production staff are consistently producing high quality food items according to current menus and standards, including safety standards.
- Maintains profitable food production level and ensuring attainment of forecasts, ensuring that food for service is appropriate to sales levels.
- Preparation of market list indicating types of food items, quantity and quality to be purchased.
- Requisition of food and kitchen supplies based on estimated food consumption or daily functions and maintenance of appropriate par stocks.
- Controls wastage and records / reports all wastage.
- Checks food preparation in all production areas.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment are in tip top working condition all the time by implementing regular preventive maintenance schedules.
- Coordinates closely with the Materials Control Department for needed hollow ware and other equipment needed for daily food display and banquet display and banquet functions.
- Attends to special events, meetings and other activities.
- Monitors and Evaluates Materials Issue Slip and Food Production Report for proper costing and recording.
- Conducts physical inventory of stocks in the preparation areas.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and may perform some administrative duties.
- Complies & implements all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements:
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and hygienic, making sure cleaning and pest control schedules are adhered to and records kept;
- Implement and ensure the company Health & Safety Policy is met at all times – this includes the training of all kitchen staff;
- Ensure the kitchen uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered.
- Promote a positive perception of the company at all times both internally & externally.
- Performs other related duties that maybe assigned by the President /Executive Chef.
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM /Culinary Arts or;
- Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree and Substantial Culinary Training;
- At least 2 to 5 years working experience in the field;
- Able to work with the overall administration and operation in Kitchen department;
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, managerial skills (PLOC), people management skills, delivery of food service, systems compliance, achieves food margin, delivers company standards;
- Knowledgeable in Food Costing and Cost Control Methods;
- Willing to work flexible hours.